Friday, September 14, 2007

Ryzom and Vista

Anyone surprised a video game has troubles with Vista?

I am annoyed. Very. I downloaded once and installed. Tried to run. No dice. Checked firewall. Ran as administrator. Uninstalled. Installed again. No luck.

Ryzom has support info on their boards here that I hope will get me back in the game. UAC is good (I think) but so incredibly freaking annoying.

One more try to get Ryzom running on my Vista box. I'd like to be playing games now, not troubleshooting tech issues.

Update: The tech support article in their forums fixed my problem. I could log in and play Mumbles again. Note to self, check the support web site before installing software on Vista. Gawd, I love this high speed internet connection. Avril is playing online and I downloaded the game (again) in a fraction of the time.

No comments: