Wednesday, August 15, 2007

Top 7 Games That Ruled Me

Some games I played for a week or two, and then never played again. For example, Fire Emblem: Path of Radiance or Titan Quest. I was dedicated for those few weeks, but the games were short and didn't have much replay strength. Other games I play occasionally such as Rome Total War or Super Smash Brothers. They are fun to experience from time to time, but I couldn't play them every day.

Then there were the games that pushed everything else out of the way. They were juggernauts, freight trains, monster trucks, and eight-hundred pound gorillas rolled into one. Whenever I had any free game time, these were the games I played. No other games existed. And when I wasn't playing the game, I was reading about the game on the web or planning out some aspect of the game or reviewing my previous game session. (OK, that makes me sound weird but whatever...)

Top 7 Games That Ruled Me
  1. World of Warcraft (+expansion)
  2. Magic the Gathering (on- and offline)
  3. Neverwinter Nights (+expansions/user mods/persistent worlds)
  4. Diablo 2 (+expansion)
  5. Civilization/Civilization 2
  6. D&D (pen-paper)
  7. Star Wars Knights of the Old Republic
The games are ranked based on a complex algorithm with a multitude of factors such as number of months played, level of obsession, spousal aggro, lack of sleep, etc. I'd share the formula with you, except Blogger lacks the tools for advanced mathematical notation.

-Link

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Civ II FTW!

I still play Civ II now and again. And it runs just fine on XP 10 years after it was released.

Too bad the AI pathing is still a bit off.